Tips To Crush Your Home Inspection
- Take notes.
- Leave the kids and extended family at home if possible.
- Stay focused on the inspection (reschedule that conference call or Zoom meeting).
- Assume you are being watched and listened to by the seller (Alexa and the like).
- This is a good time to bring in other professionals, if applicable: building contractors for planned renovations, septic contractors, pool contractors, etc.
- Ask questions.
- Acquaint yourself with your new location. People moving to "the country" should get a basic understanding of septic and well water systems. Find out what utilities service the area you will be located in (cable tv, electric, oil companies, trash collection, etc.).
- Walk the neighborhood.
- Do the commute at rush hour if possible (although rush hour here in CT. is now 24/7).
- Find a reason to visit the house during a rain before you buy it if possible. That's a good time to look around the basement.