- Make sure the sellers are out of the house during your inspection.
- Make sure the windows are closed the night before your inspection if you plan on doing a radon in air test.
- If the house needs septic, well, or any other type of specialized evaluation try to arrange having the appropriate contractors there during the home inspection.
- Ask the sellers to make sure the home is clean with all areas accessible (see picture).
- All utilities should be operational on the day of the inspection (electrical, water, gas, oil in the tank, etc.).